The Innovation Day Upper Rhine will host prestigious speakers such as Professor Luc Soler. Discover more about the line-up of the event!
Innovation Day Upper is also an opportunity to meet personalities with inspiring backgrounds. To close the day, we will have the honor of welcoming and listening to Luc Soler, CEO of Visible Patient, Professor associated with the Endocrine and Digestive Surgical team of Professor Didier Mutter in Les Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg , Member of the Académie Française de Chirurgie.
Luc Soler is a specialist in computer science research, applied to medicine, and has been developing cutting-edge digital tools to assist surgeons and to save lives for more than 20 years.
After two years of medicine, and a detour into pediatric surgery, Luc Soler studied computer science in Tours and then in Paris at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Informatique from which he graduated in 1994. He then turned to medical informatics and completed his thesis at INRIA on a project supported by IRCAD.
He then became R&D director at IRCAD, and initiated the collaboration between the Image and Computer Science Research Unit of Strasbourg (now ICube). Associate Professor at the Strasbourg Faculty of Medicine, he also created and heads a start-up company, Visible Patient. This online service offers surgeons a digital clone of each patient, reconstructed in 3D from medical images. A tool to visualize precisely the patient’s anatomy, define the best therapeutic strategy and simulate the operation. A project he started in 1995 with his thesis. (Source: Alumni UniStra)
You will also find other prestigious guests discussing innovation in the Upper Rhine region during our plenary sessions:
- Nicolas Dufourcq, CEO of Bpifrance
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Hirth, Vice-President for Innovation and International Affairs at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and Vice President of Eucor – The European Campus, Vice-Spokesperson of the Science Pillar Upper Rhine
- Prof. Dr. Hervé Le Treut, Climatologist, member of the French Academy of Sciences and former Director of the IPSL (Institut Pierre Simon Laplace – Sciences du climat)
- Prof. Thomas Baumert, Professor of Medicine, Head of the Inserm Research Institute for Viral and Liver Diseases (Inserm U1110), director of the Laboratory of Excellence HEPSYS at the University of Strasbourg and Chair of Hepatology at the Center for Digestive Disease and Hepatology at Strasbourg University Hospitals
- Dr. Séverine Sigrist, CEO of Defymed, cell biologist and neuroscientist
- Anna Deparnay-Grunenberg, French-German-Swiss ecologist and scientist, Member of the European Parliament since 2019.