The Trinational KTUR Summer School provides first-hand insights into the dynamic world of entrepreneurs. Over the course of a week, the big questions of any business are examined from a practical perspective: What is my business model? How do I make money? Where does the funding come from? How can I attract enough customers? Am I suitable as an entrepreneur? What is a business plan? How do I attract and motivate employees?
Furthermore, do you enjoy meeting students from Germany and France and extend your network in the Upper Rhine Region? Then this Summer School is for you. It is a collaboration across borders between University of Strasbourg, University of Freiburg and the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland. The class will compromise of students from all three countries and we will have inputs from lecturers and founders from the different universities.
The sessions are interactive and each day there is time to apply the tools and techniques to business ideas from the class in interdisciplinary teams.
The Trinational KTUR Summer School
- Students at all levels in the Upper Rhine region, as well as international students.
- especially students with little knowledge of business administration.
- Students who are considering setting up their own company in the future.
- Students who want to understand what it means to start and run a business.
It is not necessary to already have a business idea or entrepreneurial activities. Interest in the topic is crucial. The Summer School is limited to 40 participants.
Monday 28 August until Friday 1 September 2023. The five days will be divided between University of Freiburg (Germany) for Monday/Tuesday, Campus Basel FHNW (Switzerland) for Wednesday/Thursday and University of Strasbourg (France) for Friday.
- recognize different business models and assess their potential for success.
- reflect on the extent to which they are suitable as entrepreneurs.
- distinguish between different methods of attracting customers.
- explain the different ways in which businesses make money.
- use different methods to develop and test business ideas.
- are aware of the important legal issues involved in starting a business.
- present ideas in a convincing manner.
|Morning, 8.30 – 12.00||Afternooon, 13.15-17.00|
Introduction / Ideation /
Selection of ideas to be
Minimal Viable Product
Me as an entrepreneur and my team
Final presentations of the
Ecosystem and Closing
Different lecturers and entrepreneurs from France, Germany and Switzerland.
Please apply with a short summary of why you want to be part of the Trinational KTUR Summer School.
The deadline for registration is May 31, 2023. The number of places is limited. You will hear of us by early June 2023, whether your application was successful.
The Summer School gives 2 ECTS. Active participation during the whole week is required to receive the credits.
Please contact your university regarding the recognition.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Copyright Picture: istock.com/filadendron